Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Fitter Lifestyle // Weight Loss journey



Hello Hello,

For those who know me personally, they seem to realise there's something different about me but just not too sure what. Question is did I loose weight? Yes I did. How much did I loose? Since April 2015 to August 2016, I've shed off 12 kgs. *Hooray!!*

It has been a slow and consistent journey, basically just reprogramming my lifestyle again. Getting fitter is not only an external revamp but it starts internally.

About 10 years ago, I was really desperate to loose weight, all for the wrong reasons. I crash diet (did the atkins diet) and workout like mad, in just 4 months I lost 19kgs.........because of its weird eating regime, I couldn't sustain that lifestyle for long. Within a few years I put back almost all the weight I lost.

Then in 2015, I knew I had to tackle this part of my life in order to have a better life when I'm older (talking bout 70s,80s,90s). I did pray and ask God to convict me of this new lifestyle and for strength for the long haul.....yes long haul, its a lifestyle change. One of my favourite speakers, Lisa Bevere inspired me to do fitness the right way, to enjoy the journey (eat right & exercise) and not obsessing about the numbers on the scale. So here I am, 15 months later, 12kgs lighter, feeling really really good. 

I'll be very honest here, there are many many many days where I don't feel like going to the gym. Seriously, like MANY days. LOL. But I made that decision to be committed from Mondays to Fridays. I try to let my body rest on the weekends, but once a while I may go for a class on Saturdays.

When starting out, I attended gym on alternate days, resting my body in between coz I didn't have the stamina to push through but after 6-8 months I increased it. I'm speaking from a dancer's perspective where my body was already used to some level of physical activity. If you have not exercised before, then maybe you would need to go even slower and listen to your body. 

Vital thing to remember : Do not compare yourself to others. 

Each of us are made very differently, our bodies adapt and burn differently so the best thing is to focus on yourself and listen to your body. I cannot begin to stress how important it is to listen to your body....if its time to take a break, take it. There are some days where I'm too tired or not feeling well or maybe having body aches, I would just rest it off....and and I have learned to not feel bad about it. That is very crucial, not feeling guilty if you decide to take the rest. So you see, having a mind set change is inevitable for our fitness journey. We want everything to be healthy....Body, Mind and soul, that way we can radiate from the inside out.

I will eventually talk about what kind of exercise I do and my food intake.

If you have been wanting to jump onto the fitness wagon but have been procrastinating , I encourage you to pray. Find a solid reason as to why you need to be healthy, build that conviction and make small changes to your lifestyle. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me an email or leave a comment below.



Nothing feels better after a good sweaty workout. LOL! 

1 comment:

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.